Monday, April 5, 2010

This last week

I'll start by updating you on how the disease is progressing. Dad is now confined to his wheelchair with not being able to walk anymore. He has a powered wheelchair which helps him to get around the house on his own. They were very lucky in finding a vehicle that he could ride his wheelchair up into so he is stil able to travel and get out of the house.
This past week was quite a busy one. Dad was taken to the ER with severe pain in his legs. They did a sonogram and found that he had a blood clot from his hip to almost his ankle. His leg was so swollen with fluid that it was twice the size it normally is. After hours at the ER he was able to come home and get some rest. They gave him some shots of blood thinning medicine to help clear up the blood clot. His leg has been very painful to move and he has had to keep it elevated for most of the day. He is doing much better now that he has been on the blood thinners for a few days.
On Friday we met with the sweetest lady named Micki to discuss doing a fundraiser for dad to purchase some lifts that will transport him from in the bed to his wheelchair and vise versa. We decided to do a golf tournament and during that we will be doing an auction. We haven't gotten anything finalized yet but we are hoping for a big turn out sometime in May. If anyone knows of anyone who would love to help with providing auction items or would like to help in anyway please let me know. 801-369-9993.
Sunday we had a lot of fun. We watched conference in the morning and had some breakfast. The whole family was able to be there. We then had an easter egg hunt for Bentley and Halle (pictures to come). We then headed over to Grandma Wilson's church for a family get-together. Dad was taking all the little kids for rides on the wheelchair and they had a blast. Halle would get jealous because that was "her grandpa" and wanted all the kids off his lap immediately. She'd then crawl up and sit on his lap until someone had to move her. It was the cutest thing ever.
That's about all that has been going on this week. I will post some pics later in the day.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, it's Ashlie (Danklef) Bundy...I hope you remember me...I would love to donate something from my boutique or donate a photography sitting or something, I would be happy to help you in any way possible. You can call or email me anytime. I am so sorry that your family has to go through this, but your dad is an amazing guy and I know that the Lord is watching over him and your sweet family, you guys are in our prayers:)
    Ashlie
    www.blissphotographyandboutique.com
    ashlie@blissphotographyandboutique.com
    801-380-3284

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's not too late, but I'd like to donate a custom made clock to the auction. Let me know. My website is www.foralltimeclocks.com Call me at 801-376-0936 or you can email me at angiesheffer@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete